Pointsbet boasts of an app that is ideal for both Pointsbetting and fixed-odds betting. This is our Pointsbet mobile app review;
How to download the Pointsbet App
- 1 How to download the Pointsbet App
- 2 Play on Pointsbet App
- 3 Pointsbet Other Assets
- 4 Pointsbet App Review – Ranks among the best
Pointsbet offers its mobile platform in two versions; a site version and an app version. All versions are available for Android and iOS users. On the site version, Pointsbet utilizes HTML 5 Technology which means that the sportsbook can run on phone browsers. Hence, with well-updated browsers like Chrome, Opera Mini, and Safari, you can log into your account, provided you are either in New Jersey or Indiana, to make your wagers. Colorado is the latest state to legalize sports betting and Pointsbet is looking to get its license approved to explore the new market.
The other version provided is the app version. This version is also available to all Android and iOS users. The App Store will provide the download medium for iOS users while the Pointsbet main website will be the download medium for Android users. Here is a guideline on how to download the app for Android users;
- Ensure you first enable ‘Installation from unknown sources’ on the security settings on your phone
- Additionally, enable your location settings
- Launch your browser and search for ‘Pointsbet’
- Open the first link and while you are on the main page, click on the ‘Menu’ option at the bottom-right
- Scroll down to ‘Download App’ and on the page provided click on the option ‘Download for Android’
- Click on ‘Download’ for the app to start downloading. Once finished, install the ‘apk.’ and get going!
iOS users will, on the other hand, have a slightly easier route to download the app. This is the process;
- Go to the App Store
- Search for ‘Pointsbet’ app
- Click ‘Get’ on the application
- The app will be downloaded and automatically installed
- Launch the app and get going!
How to open an account and use a Pointsbet promo code
Creating an account at Pointsbet using our promo code will be easy and as follows;
- Launch the app on your phone and click ‘Sign up’ at the top-right
- You will then provide our exclusive promo code on the ‘Promo Code’ tab
- Also provide your accurate personal, account, and contact details
- Complete your registration and start playing
How to fund your account
Depositing at Pointsbet will involve the following steps;
- Launch your app and log into your account
- Click on the option ‘Deposit’
- Choose the preferred mode of payment
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and complete your transaction
Play on Pointsbet App
Sports Bet on Mobile
Pointsbet only offers a sportsbook to its players. Two major highlights stand out at Pointsbet. The first highlight is that it provides two different forms of betting; Fixed-Odds betting and Pointsbetting. Fixed-odds betting is the popular form as seen in many sportsbooks. Any loss or win recorded remains as it is. However, with Pointsbetting, a player is awarded returns depending on how ‘right’ he/she is or incur losses on how ‘wrong’ he/she is. Pointsbetting is a form of betting that happens on a spread. If your bet wins by 4 points your winnings will be awarded as follows; stake x (4). If your bet loses by 4 points, your losses will be as follows; stake x (4). Pointsbetting is a very risky form of betting but as much as its risky, the winnings one can accrue can be high.
The other major highlight about Pointsbet is that its major focus is on NBA betting. This is the more reason as to why more than 500 betting markets have been provided on the NBA section. This has included over 100 special and unique markets. Players can bet on player stats such as assists, rebounds, and more, they can also bet on the time of occurrences such as time of first fouls, time of first free throws, and time for players to pass 3pts, and more.
However, it’s not only NBA betting provided. The app also provides over 18 different sports including popular sports in the US. This ranges from Basketball, Baseball, Tennis, Cricket, and Soccer. Top leagues such as NFL, MLB, CFB, and UFC will all be available for wagering. In terms of betting opportunities, the app has provided various markets on the sports and various betting options/types such as; Straight, Point Spread, Round Robins, Parlays, Teasers, Moneyline, Futures, Prop Bets, and In-play betting. Incentives such as boosted odds, cash-out, and name-a-bet have also stood out on the app.
Best Mobile App Features
Several features are available on the app which is laudable. One can;
- Select your state of residence
- Select odds display preference
- Select language preference
- Make a Pointsbetting bet
- Request a market through the name-a-bet option
- Live betting and cash-out
Mobile App vs. Desktop Comparison
|Available for Android and iOS||Only sports section offered||Available in Indiana, New Jersey, and Iowa||Pointsbetting is risky|
|Different languages||Not available in Iowa||Multiple banking options||Only a sports section provided|
|Available in Indiana and New Jersey||No live streaming||Fixed-odds betting and Pointsbetting available||No live streaming|
|Both Fixed-odds betting and Pointsbetting available||No mobile bonuses offered||Various bonuses provided||Bonuses are not highly-valued|
Pointsbet Other Assets
The app is reminiscent of the desktop version. There is ease while using it with the control bar provided at the bottom of the app. Making a selection is easy and fast on the application and its smooth layout and intuitive design are all thanks to the clear fonts and colors. The graphics are also laudable and though the app does not provide features such as search options, filter tabs, and drop-down tools, the navigation is still great and generally, the lobby is well-organized with the events and markets easy to find.
You can also bet live through the app and as we earlier saw, this option improves the betting opportunities for the player. One may enjoy better odds and ultimately better returns on a live game. You will be able to bet live from the ‘In-Play’ option where all the live games will be provided. After you make your selection, the bet slip will be updated accordingly and you can confirm your bet from there.
Pointsbet has not offered any special promotion to the app players. However, new players can still enjoy the welcome bonus which will be as follows;
- Get up to $100 risk-free bet – The first fixed-odds bet you make will award you a refund of up to $100 if it goes on to lose
- Get up to $100 risk-free bet – Additionally, the first Pointsbetting bet you make will award you a refund of up to $100 if it goes on to lose
Pointsbet App Review – Ranks among the best
Pointsbet mobile application ranks among the best we have reviewed. The bookmaker gets credit for carefully tailoring the app to meet the customer’s needs and ensure its market is easily reached out. Almost everything available on the desktop has been offered on the app which is among the strongest points. Players have enjoyed Pointsbetting on the app while also accessing the different unique NBA betting markets. Other aspects such as banking, customer support, game selection, and promotions have all been handled perfectly.
The only improvements we would recommend include the addition of other sections such as a casino section, the addition of features such as live streaming, and ensuring the app is accessible to Iowa residents. Finally, we would love it if Pointsbet also expanded its customer base by accessing other states that have legalized sports betting.